* Jason Miner has been named executive director of 1000 Friends of Oregon. He currently serves as the Geoffrey Hughes director of the Western Massachusetts Program for the Nature Conservancy.
* Mohan Bains, Steve Gruenwald, Paul Hundal and Gary Jhutty have joined the board of the Prune Bargaining Association. New officers include Vice President Brien Smith and Secretary-Treasurer Paul Hundal.
* Tim Amlaw has been named vice president of American Humane Certified, the farm animal welfare standards program of the American Humane Association.
* Scott Brewen has been appointed state marine director of the Oregon State Marine Board. Brewen previously was the chief administrator of Human Resources at the Department of Corrections.
* Drew Eggers, of Meridian, Idaho, has been elected board chairman and Kevin Riel, of Yakima, Wash., was elected vice chairman of Northwest Farm Credit Services' Board of Directors. Eggers raises peppermint, spearmint, sugar beets, winter wheat, alfalfa hay and corn. Riel raises hops, apples and Concord grapes.
* Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative has awarded 24 students with $2,000 scholarships for the 2010 fall semester.
Baker County recipients are Kristi Cole, Mallory Bailey, Melissa Clarke, Angela Kirby, Allyson Howarth, Taralynn Taylor, Victoria Wirth, Ryan Morrow and Ross West.
Grant County recipients are Samantha Greif, Jake Reynolds and Tyler Webb.
Harney County recipients Brandon Carpenter, Francis Cain and Shaylyn Potter.
Union County recipients are Paige Aragon, Joey Berry, Jesse Brazil, Chelsea Brown, Caitlin Lipscomb, Sarah Peal, Kacie Merrigan, Brandon Powell and Tom Sheehy.