The Washington State Department of Agriculture has hired three experts to study how to keep organic waste from spoiling the state's $2 billion apple industry.
A delegation of Chinese fruit importers visited apple and pear packing sheds and orchards in Washing
Winegrape production in Idaho will be down significantly this year because of a bitter cold snap las
Kevin Oldenburg, president of 2nd Sight Bio Science in Spokane, has developed FairPick, a way for fr
Growers of olives for oil in California are seeing a big crop this year for the alternate-bearing fruit. The California Olive Oil Council expects a yield of a record 4 million gallons of oil.
Idaho fruit production is down this year due mostly to a sudden cold snap last November that damaged or killed a lot of trees in Southwestern Idaho.
Instead of hiring 70 to 80 pickers for harvest, the vineyard hired four and used the mechanical picker.
A pair of surveys of wine industry insiders by University of California-Davis researchers has found that consumers' tastes are moving toward more expensive wines.
Idaho's cherry and apple commissions have received grants that will allow them to introduce more Idahoans to their product and promote it through the use of social media.
The cranberry harvest has started, but Washington growers may be hindered by a shortage of water to flood bogs.
Nik Wiman is expected to invest about 80 percent of his time on hazelnuts, with the remaining 20 percent focused on tree fruits and other orchard nut crops.