Cattlemen host water discussions
The Oregon Cattlemen's Association is sponsoring six Water for Agriculture town hall meetings in coming weeks.
The town halls will feature Elizabeth Howard, an attorney from Dunn Carney, who will discuss changes in Oregon's water quality standards and their impacts on agriculture.
In addition, the meetings will address water rights, water measurement requirements, the state's integrated water resources strategy, conservation cost-share programs, technical resources and local agricultural water issues.
The town halls are free for ranchers and farmers. Refreshments will be provided.
The meetings are scheduled from 6 to 9 p.m., except those in Reedsport and Burns, which will be held from 9 a.m. to noon:
* May 22, Polk County Fairgrounds Textile Room, Rickreall.
* May 23, Reedsport City Hall, City Council Chambers, Reedsport.
* May 23 Klamath County Extension Office, Klamath Falls.
* June 6, Malheur County Extension Office, Ontario.
* June 7, Harney County Community Center, Burns.
* June 7, Central Oregon Community College, Room 117, Madras.