Home Ag Sectors

Applications taken for California state fertilizer panel

Published on December 31, 1969 3:01AM

Last changed on September 9, 2013 7:28AM

SACRAMENTO -- People have until June 28 to apply for three vacancies on the state Fertilizer Research and Education Program's Technical Advisory Subcommittee, the Department of Food and Agriculture has announced.

The panel reviews and recommends fertilizer research and education programs for funding and implementation to the department's Fertilizer Inspection Advisory Board. a state news release explains.

The program is funded by fertilizer assessments and facilitates research to find and promote environmentally safe uses of fertilizers, working with growers, agricultural supply and service professionals, extension advisors, consultants and others, according to the release.

Applicants must demonstrate technical and scientific expertise in agronomy, plant physiology, production agriculture, principles of experimental research, and environmental issues related to fertilizers. Panel members serve three-year terms and are not compensated except for travel expenses.

To apply, send a resume to the CDFA -- FFLDRS Branch, 1220 N St., Sacramento, CA 95814 or by e-mail to FREP@cdfa.ca.gov . For information, visit http://cdfa.ca.gov/is/ffldrs/frep.html or call (916) 900-5022.


Share and Discuss


User Comments