Nominations are being accepted for candidates interested in running for a seat on the Western United Dairymen board of directors.
Each year a third of the WUD board is elected to a three-year term. Directors may be elected for no more than three consecutive terms.
Any member in good standing may run for director. To be eligible to run, a candidate must fill out a nomination form, which can be downloaded from the organization's website, and return it to the WUD office no later than Dec. 11.
After nominations close, ballots will be prepared and mailed to all voting members.
Two directors are not eligible for re-election: Ray Souza, District 5, Stanislaus County, and Jake DeRaadt, District 9, Kings County.
Directors whose terms are expiring and who are eligible for re-election are:
* Frank Martins Jr., District 1 -- Shasta, Tehama, Butte, Glenn and Colusa counties.
* George Simoes, District 2 -- Yolo, Sutter, Yuba, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento and Solano counties.
* Rien Doornenbal, District 4 -- San Joaquin and Contra Costa counties.
* Gary Silva, District 6 -- Merced, Monterey, Santa Clara, and San Benito counties.
* Jerry Renner, District 10 -- Humboldt and Del Norte counties.
-- Carol Ryan Dumas