The latest edition of Dairy Data Highlights from the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) is now available.
The pocket-size booklet includes 53 tables and 19 graphs filled with national and state milk and dairy production data from the mid-1970s through 2012.
Dairy Data Highlights has been published annually by NMPF for more than 60 years and covers all aspects of milk and dairy product production. It also covers producer, wholesale and retail milk and dairy product prices; federal milk marketing orders; sales and consumption data for milk and dairy products; and comparative information for U.S. dairy imports and exports.
Specific tables include:
• National milk production data going back to 1925.
• Cow numbers, farms and herd size data going back to 1950.
• Milk production and prices, production-per-cow, cow numbers and dairy farms by state, with comparative data from the 1980s and 1990s.
• Class III, manufacturing grade and all-milk wholesale prices by year.
• Annual wholesale prices for butter, cheddar cheese and nonfat dry milk.
• The ratio of feed prices to milk prices by month.
• The share of commercial sales by product — including milk, butter, cheese, frozen products and nonfat dry milk.
• Annual production and per-capital consumption of key cheese, butter and frozen products from 1975.
• Annual exports of milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, yogurt and nonfat dry milk by region and country.
• A short glossary of dairy industry terms and useful conversion factors for milk and dairy products.
The booklet is available to NMPF member cooperatives and associate members for $7.50 a copy or $5 for orders of more than 10 copies. For nonmembers, the cost is $10 for single copies or $7.50 for bulk orders. An order form is available at: